About Me

My photo
I'm an almost, nearly qualified Librarian, currently a distance learner at Aberystwyth (and have been for some time!)

Thursday 10 May 2012

Fear

I'm starting this blog with a feeling of trepidation. I'm not sure if trepidation is the correct word to use; it should probably be fear!

I'm wondering why anyone would possibly want to read my ramblings. The inner workings of my mind are often chaotic and sometimes confused. To me they make perfect sense, depending on how I'm feeling.
Fear of plunging into the blogging world is probably more apt. I'm definitely feeling a little (actually a lot!) fearful as to what I should write, how much and how often. Who really wants to listen to me?

I'm also fearful at signing myself up for another course, when I haven't yet finished my MScEcon at Aber. What am I letting myself in for? I guess I'm hoping that all the formal stuff I've covered in Aber will be backed up by more current topics and things that are definitely trending. Stuff (for want of a better word) that we Librarians really need to know about, use and share.

It's also a great way of meeting new people and catching up with friends I've met along the way. (Is that why I'm taking so long to finish my Distance Learning course, as I don't want to lose touch with some great friends?)

I'm currently working as a Supervisor in a very busy F.E. College Library. The work is challenging and often stressful, and if you're stuck in a room with up to 1500 teenagers a day, you'll know where I'm coming from!

So I think in best Librarian tradition, I'm going to publish this blog and have a nice cup of tea and a jaffa cake, before I start thinking too much about what I've written, whether I should edit it, make it longer, what will people think, and on and on and on...

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jo
    Are you working in Wales as well? I too completed the MScEcon at Aber, but many moons ago, and by on-campus mode. However, I'm still in Aber, and there is, amazingly, some sunshine outside as I type. I'm looking forward to this 23Thing too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alyson
    I'm working in Neath and keen to make contact with others in Welsh Libraries. Are you working at the Uni?
    The sun has just come out here too, at long last.
    Looking forward to CPD23, but feeling slightly nervous, as I expect most people are.
    Have a good weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jo
    I felt the same when I started blogging last year. The fear has subsided, I'm not bothered if people read my blog or not because i find it useful for me and I make sure I don't say anything that would get me in to trouble at work. I also work in a busy FE library so I understand the pressures you are under. Keep on with the tea and cake / biscuits - it helps!

    ReplyDelete